Here is an overview of new features and most notable bug fixes in this release:
- Revamp of Process and Task Form editing support
- Business Process Simulation !!!
- Local History support
- Workflow Patterns support
- Notifications and Deadline support
Notable Bug Fixes
- Automatic creation of the process image in designer
- Include data objects in auto-completion in forms and script editors
- Namespace mismatch in on-entry script
- Designer validation fails when Reusable Subprocess refers to a different package
- many more
You can download jBPM Designer version 2.4.0.Final from Sourceforge. If you are upgrading from an older Designer version, make sure to clear your browser cache before start using the new one.
For the next release we will strongly focus on
- Add enhancements to Process Simulation capabilities
- “Smart Properties” – more usable ways for users to enter in execution properties to their models
- Alternative asset storage options
- Overall usability enhancements
jBPM Designer is open-source and of course free! If you would like to be part of Designer development and discussions or just want to ask questions feel free to talk to us on the User Form, the Mailing List, or IRC.
You can also follow the latest news about the jBPM Designer on it’s Blog.